Can’t play without your favourite sports equipment? For a minimum fee, avail of our Sports Equipment service. For a prepaid fee of only PhP1,000 when you book your flight, we will take care of your golf bag, scuba gear, bicycle, surfboards or fishing equipment up to 15kg for all Airbus flights. The Sports Equipment Fee saves you up to 85% in costs versus loading your equipment as excess baggage on selected routes.
You’ll never have to rent expensive sports equipment now that you have your own stuff. Avail of the Sports Equipment Fee now!
ABOUT SPORTS EQUIPMENT FEE1. What is a Sports Equipment Fee?
It is a fee of PhP1,000 (VAT-exclusive) per sector available only at time of booking that entitles guest to a discount on sports equipment he/she intends to check in on his/her flight.2. When will this service be available?
Guests have started availing of this offer since August 17, 2009. 3. How is this different from the Prepaid Baggage options?
The Sports Equipment Fee entitles guests to bring sports equipment up to 15kg. Currently, sports equipment is counted in the guest’s prepaid baggage allowance (if he availed of one) and anything in excess is charged the standard excess baggage rates. With this, guest can now enjoy both the prepaid baggage option and 15kg for sports equipment. 4. What sports equipment are included in this offer?
Only the following sports equipment are covered by this fee:
5. What if I availed of the Sports Equipment Fee and brought extra heavy equipment?
- Fishing Equipment
- Golf Clubs
- Scuba/Diving Equipment
- Bowling balls
If you exceed the Sports Equipment Fee allowed weight, the excess will be charged standard excess baggage rates. 6. I have a Lite Fare, can I still avail of the Sports Equipment Fee?
Yes, you may avail of the sports equipment product without availing of prepaid baggage up to 4 hrs before your flight. 7. I have a bag that weighs 8kg (I availed of Small prepaid baggae) and a golf set that weighs 12kg that is covered by the Sports Equipment Fee. Will I still be charged at the airport?
No, you will not pay anything at the airport anymore. 8. I availed of Small prepaid baggage and carries a bag that weighs 17kg and a scuba gear that weighs 14kg that is covered by the Sports Equipment Fee. Will I still be charged at the airport?
Yes, you will pay excess baggage rate for the 1kg in excess of your checked baggage. 9. I availed of Small prepaid baggage and carries a bag that weighs 12kg. and a scuba gear that weighs 20kg that is covered by the Sports Equipment Fee. Do I have to pay anything at the airport
Yes, you will pay excess baggage rate for the 2kg in excess of the allowed sports equipment. 10. I have 2 bags weighing 15kg each. I availed of the Sports Equipment Fee online even if I won’t be bringing a sports equipment. Do I have to pay anything at the airport?
Yes, you will be charged 15kg excess baggage. The Sports Equipment fee strictly covers sports equipment only.11. My flight was cancelled due to force majeure. Can my Sports Equipment Fee be applied to my rebooked flight?
Yes, you may apply your Sports Equipment Fee to your new flight. 12. I wish to rebook my flight. Can my Sports Equipment Fee be applied to my rebooked flight?
Yes, it is rebookable.13. I will no longer push through with my flight and wish to refund my travel. Can I refund my Sports Equipment Fee as well?
No, it is non-refundable 14. Is pooling of sports equipment allowed?
Yes, as long as the guests are under one (1) booking reference and present themselves and their sports equipment for check-in at the same time at the airport. 15. I’m planning to avail of the Sports Equipment Fee only on my return flight. Is this allowed?
Yes, just make sure that you book on your flights per sector. 16. I didn’t avail of the Sports Equipment Fee on my original booking but wish to avail of it on my rebooked flight. Can this be done?
Yes, as long as you avail of the Sports Equipment Fee when you finalize your rebooked flight. 17. Are there guidelines I need to be aware of when packing my sports equipment?
Yes, Cebu Pacific follows guidelines below in accepting your sports equipment for carriage.
- Must be placed with handlebars fixed sideways, pedals removed and tires deflated in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping, or in a bicycle suitcase.
- Must be retractable for transport and packaged in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping.
- The bag and the clubs must be fully enclosed in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping. Will not be accepted if packed only with a vinyl or canvas cover.
- Must be securely packed in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping. No scuba tanks. Buoyancy control devices and regulators may be hand carried provided they pass the prescribed dimensions for overhead bins.
- Must be appropriately covered for dents and scratches. The acceptable length is 11 feet for Airbus flights. Only 5 surfboards/ wakeboards are allowed on an Airbus flight.
Bowling balls18. Are there sports equipment not accepted as checked baggage?
- We accept 2 bowling balls and 1 pair of bowling shoes placed securely in a bowling bag.
Yes, items below must be coursed through Cargo Services
19. What about other sports equipment not mentioned, how can I transport them?
- Windsurfing Equipment
- Oxygen bottle (for rescue divers) – must be evaluated by Cargo prior to acceptance
Other sports equipment not mentioned in the list will be accepted as part of your checked baggage. 20. Is this product available on all Cebu Pacific flights?
This product is only available on all Cebu Pacific Airbus flights. There are however limits on the quantity per aircraft.
This product is not available on all ATR flights like Caticlan, Siargao, Naga, Busuanga, etc.